Full Stack Engineer
Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
If you are a Full Stack Engineer with 5-10 years of backend development experience and proficiency with Python, Java or Go experience, please read on.
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to help us architect our highly-scalable, revolutionary platform and products. The right person should have advanced knowledge in Java. They should be comfortable working with frameworks, SQL, REST APIs, AWS or GCP.
What You Will Be Doing
· Work closely with engineering management and product management to design solutions to core business problems
· Implementing the backend for new features including design of models, business logic
· Building RESTful APIs for our native apps to consume, as well as working closely with our Frontend Engineers.
· Research, analyze, and recommend technical solutions
· Create architectural documentation describing proposed solutions
· Establish architectural design patterns and best practices
· Maintaining, enhancing, and developing architecture of our platform
Who Are You?
· 5-10 years of Software Development experience
· Advanced Java development experience
· Experience designing and developing highly-scalable RESTful APIs
· Building backend services for web applications
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
· Experience or strong knowledge of SQL (queries, joins, etc.)
· Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services or Google cloud
· Experienced with Git / Github
Nice to have skills, but NOT REQUIRED:
· Experience with Analytical frameworks
· Payment Processing
· Mixed Mobile Development & Web Development background
· Unique opportunity to be part an early stage and fast-growing startup driving disruption in the food-tech space
· Work with a smart, dedicated and passionate team in vibrant culture
· Competitive compensation and Benefits
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ø Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Ø Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Ø Hardware installation and testing as needed
Ø Pull, route, or label Cat6e as needed
Ø Travel to multiple cities and sites within region
Ø Frequently operate small office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier/printer
Ø Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
Ø This position requires Field deployment and support, it will also require physical labor
Ø Extensive time in front of a computer screen, data entry and analysis
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.