Who You’ll Work For
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for providing subject matter expertise, technical vision and solutions to specific business problems. The EA will find the best technical solution among all possible to solve the existing business problem; this individual must be able to communicate to both technical and business resources, such that there is a clear understanding of the requirements and solution approach. The EA ensures that a new system will fit the existing enterprise environment. In order to accomplish this, the EA must understand how all parts of the business model work together including processes, operating systems, and the application architecture.
The EA identifies, develops, implements and maintains processes across the organization to provide information technology solutions to business and IT requirement. It is particularly important for the EA to ensure alignment among the different IT and business groups and business leadership teams.
· Continuously analyze the technology environment, via evaluation of IT and business processes and suggesting improvements
· Analyze business & technical requirements and recommend solutions
· Establish a collaborative framework across the enterprise; Build trusting relationships with key business stakeholders to align/influence business and IT architecture
· Along with other Senior Technology members, participate in the selection process of technology solutions, providing business architecture and systems processing guidance
· Develop and promote the enterprise architecture principles, designs, and services
· Design, operationalize and chair architecture review boards to drive decision making and compliance across portfolios
· Influences senior leaders and all levels of business and IT staff on all areas of the architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, and governance. Translate company business strategy into concrete solutions, design and execute an IT systems architecture blueprint to support that strategy
· Develop multi-year roadmaps, provide the vision and work with individual solution architects to translate this into tactical IT blue prints
· In working with security technology team, assist in developing standards, process improvements, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure that people, processes and technology mitigate persistent threats and meet current security standards adopted by the organization and protecting the company’s information assets
· Creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management and change control
· Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies
· Mentor personnel and assist with creating Personal Development Plans (PDP) for IT team members, providing a constant improvement in the knowledge base of the IT team
· Assist with the Identification, selection and implementation of security technology standards which complement best practices (NIST, IS2700x, PCI-DSS, COBIT, etc.)
· Collaboratively work with the IT network and business applications team in support of the IT and Operations hardware and software to assist and improve processes and standards; assist with Level 3 or 4 support when required
· Coach and mentor the company’s employees to evolve skills, capabilities and teamwork across the technology organization; oversee/assist with the development of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
· Suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT and business processes
· Continually seek and consider innovative solutions to business and operational problems; apply as relevant in support of the organization’s mission
· Enterprise architecture skills including application, information and infrastructure
· Provided strategic technology direction and architecture vision encompassing an enterprise view across a large portfolio of capabilities
· Ability to translate short and long-range strategic plans for enterprise-wide architecture into design and implementation of current and future applications and systems
· Extensive experience in high level systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex systems
· Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
· Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audience
· Significant breadth and depth of technologies in the areas of: Cloud solutions and deployments, preferable AWS and Azure; Services patterns, application containers, and API gateway management capabilities
· Broad experience across all areas of large scale, enterprise technology platforms
· Proven experience migrating legacy applications to the public cloud
· Strong financial acumen and understanding of IT Total Cost of Ownership
· Industry contacts in the software development and open source communities
· Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies, tools and measurement practices.
· Expertise in providing mentorship to multiple teams in broad technical areas on complex enterprise-wide projects
· Strategy, roadmap and investments as it relates to IT software and appliances
· Relationship management – IT and Engineering teams, C-suite and Business Subject Matter Experts (SME)
· Audit and assessment methodologies, procedures and best practices that relate to information networks, systems, and applications
· Application security, database technologies used to store enterprise information, directory services, financial information, and information systems auditing
· Strong understanding of how to apply current and emerging security technologies to solve business problems. Track record of developing and implementing comprehensive strategic response and recovery strategies, plans and procedures. Strong understanding of applicable practices relating to data privacy and protection
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in the areas of presentation and interaction with people at all levels across an organization
· A track record in the successful management of programs and collaboration with people, both internal and external, as well as demonstrated complex program/project/vendor management skills
· Agile, versatile, flexible and the ability to work with constantly changing priorities
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience; Master's Degree preferred.
· Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience in programming, systems analysis and project management with at least 5 of those years in planning/architecture; 5+ years experience in leadership role desirable
What We’ll Provide
· Life and Disability
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
· Work is performed in a professional office environment.
· Frequently operate small office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier/printer
· Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
· Extensive time in front of a computer screen, data entry and analysis
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.