Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The General Manager will ensure safe and efficient kitchens operations, while delivering service that exceeds our customer/client’s expectations. You will be responsible for all aspects of operating the kitchen facility including staff management, revenue control, safety, and food quality. You will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels. If you’re an individual that’s skilled in managing and executing operational excellence initiatives, we’ve got a General Manager role just for you!
Manage Daily Tasks
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process; Check food plating and temperature
- A portion of this role is dedicated as working manager which includes: setting up stations with all necessary supplies; handling, stores and rotating all products properly; cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff; follow proper cooking techniques for all dishes; ensure food quality and timeliness
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, and documents
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed
Increase Location Profitability
- Analyze weekly/monthly product/process cost statements & conduct cost reviews. Examine profitability trends over product/process life cycle & compare with estimates
- Responsible for creating and maintaining employee schedules to ensure proper kitchen coverage and controlling labor costs to meet business needs
- Optimizing available resources through capacity planning and continuous improvement to maximize productivity
Be a Team Leader
- Responsible for the supervision of location staff including delegating, coaching/developing, monitoring performance, and ensuring compliance with all company standards
- Providing leadership, direction and day-to-day support that is critical to ensuring compliance to regulatory, internal and customer food safety and quality requirements
- Recruit, select, and train new employees; develop onboarding plan for new employees to ensure success
Implement and Execute Safety Procedures
- Monitor maintenance of the facility and associated premises to ensure that the kitchen/lot is clean, safe, and maintained to standards; Ensuring facilities remain up to date and compliant with Food Safety Plans including ensuring annual analysis, update-to-date rules and continued training, as needed
- Meet site excellence standards and all compliance and regulations requirement (Servsafe, permits postings...)
What We Want from You
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in restaurant operations
- Leadership skills to direct workflow and lead a team
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in safety operations within food service distribution
- Certifications: Servsafe
- Proven capabilities in managing and executing operational excellence initiatives in a growing and fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to prioritize workload for self and team based on business need
- Must be able to meet business needs given competing priorities
- Demonstrates agility and the ability to meet tight deadlines and make quick decisions in a very versatile environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.