Engineer - Materials, Equipment and Processes
Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The Engineer - Materials, Equipment and Processes will research materials, equipment and operations. This will help to enable the rapid design, prototype and testing of multiple ongoing projects related to mobile asset development. You will evaluate uses and provide specifications to systems design and procurement. If you’re a motivated individual with a knack for developing ideas and actively improving operations, we’ve got an Engineer- Materials, Equipment and Processes role just for you!
Refine Design Cost
- Collect, analyze and chart data to report and influence cost of acquisition, operation and maintenance
- Develop and create bills of material and technical instructions to assist procurement
- Improve project on-time completion (Speed to Market)
Amplify Design Reliability
- Utilize data and performance reports to improve design and production
- Create drawings and technical reports
Manage Internally and Externally
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including user experience and interface maintenance, design, and support
- Create and Implement test and evaluation strategies
- Improve new component technical report turnaround time
Expert in Analysis
- Research technical data and identify usable, materials, processes, and equipment for mobile asset systems
- Conduct risk/reward analysis of components, processes and equipment
What We Want from You
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering discipline for particularly mechanical, materials and processes engineering or equivalent
- Degree or experience in multiple engineering disciplines preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an engineer
- Experience in the automotive, aviation, RV, Construction, or Commercial Kitchens Industries preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving/risk mitigation experience
- Demonstrated project/program budget, cost planning and execution
- A strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills; experience working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions, and regions
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.