Product Design Lead
Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The Design Lead role will focus on your expertise in designing across various product lines. You will lead a team of skilled designers and execute concepts from user story to hi-fidelity prototype for review by stakeholders. You will also have an excellent grasp of design principles, and experience building and utilized design systems. You will be well-versed in design and prototyping software (interaction design a plus). If you’re a motivated individual who’s excited to solve challenging new design problems across various industries, we’ve got a Design Lead role just for you!
Establish a Favorable Regulatory Environment
- Ability to effectively work with the product and engineering teams to establish a standard of excellence
- Communicate ideas and solve problems using design thinking to deliver business results
- Produce visually and functionally impressive UI to commit to deadlines and enforce company standards
Manage Internally and Externally
- Solve challenging new design problems across various industries (real estate, parking, direct to consumer goods/food, logistics, micromobility) and products
- Must have experience managing a team and be comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Must be familiar with project management software (specifically Jira, Aha!) and able to help task-manage the team when needed
What We Want from You
- A strong background designing products across programs
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of design principles, ADA, and human interface guidelines.
- The ability to maintain design consistency- working within brand guidelines, building component libraries, and creating design systems.
- A passion for carrying concepts from user story to hi-fidelity prototype that effectively communicate product ideas to stakeholders and can be handed off to development team.
- Ability think critically and creatively in solving for usability on new and existing products
- A strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills; experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions, and regions
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.