SUSHI LINE COOK
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
With REEF KITCHENS, we enable restaurants to reach more people in the most attractive neighborhoods in hundreds of new cities – without additional capital – by providing turnkey solutions for food preparation and delivery staging and fulfillment.
More consumers are utilizing food delivery services every day, and while this means more opportunities for restaurants, it also means more challenges and complexity to be managed. Our REEF KITCHENS allow for on-site food preparation and our centralized locations serve as an optimal base for food delivery services, so your customers get their meals exactly as you intend them to-fast and fresh.
The Sushi Line Cook is a self-starter with leadership qualities who thrives in a fast paced, growing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Sets up stations with all necessary supplies.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
• Always follows supervisors’ direction.
• Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes.
• Ensures food quality and timeliness.
• Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations.
• Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations and standards.
• Maintains a positive and respectful approach with everyone.
• Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and equipment or aspects of the kitchen in need of repair to management.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.The Sushi Line Cook is a self-starter with leadership qualities who thrives in a fast paced, growing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 2-3 years of experience as a Sushi or Asian line cook at a medium to heavy volume restaurant.
• Knowledge of sushi preparation, proper fish handling
• Knowledge of Japanese/Asian ingredients and fish fabrication techniques
• Excellent knife skills and attention to detail
• Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work under pressure
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Familiar with industry's best practices
Unique opportunity to be part an early stage and fast-growing startup driving disruption in the food-tech space
Work with a smart, dedicated and passionate team in vibrant culture