Human Resources Business Partner
Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
You'll be an HR subject matter expert and primary point of contact who leverages relationship building, critical thinking, and sound decision making to drive consistent HR operations. While integrating the latest federal and state regulations, you'll provide strategic counsel and advisement to hiring managers by spearheading and pioneering recruiting, hiring, payroll, orientation, employee relations, and all employment-related initiatives. And, you'll work closely with corporate leadership and field management while fostering positive employee attitudes and morale. If you're a trustworthy HR advisor and champion, we've got a human resources business partner (HRBP) position just for you.
Drive Employee Morale, Performance, & Engagement
- Provide strategic counsel and advisement to operations business partners to enforce goal-setting and performance review practices, communicate critical timelines and processes, and provide strategies for performance ratings and effective employee communication/coaching
- Monitor and analyze employee turnover and HR metrics to develop appropriate action plans to address identified needs
- Interface with business partners to identify effective ways to recognize employees; design strategies to improve overall morale while measuring and assessing employee improvements
- Assess organizational needs and partner with training leaders to develop and implement consistent employee development strategies
Maintain Compliance & Organizational Fairness
- Pioneer the investigation of unfair treatment/discrimination charges, harassment complaints, wrongful terminations, wage/hour issues, and other potential legal incidents
- Ensure legal compliance for several HR and employee practices, including, but not limited to: EEO, I-9's, poster compliance, wages/hours, and substance abuse testing
Meet and Optimize Talent Acquisition & Advancement Objectives
- Oversee recruiting, interviewing, and selection of exempt and non-exempt positions while orchestrating a consistent onboarding process
- Act as a resource to business partners regarding compensation and benefits issues; coach management on salary increase recommendations and new hires, promotions, and other staffing changes
What We Want From You
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field
- SHRM – CP (PHR) or SHRM-SCP (SPRH) preferred
- 3+ years HR generalist experience, multi-state and or union experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); Advanced in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
What We’ll Provide
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, calculator, and copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time, including up to the entire duration of shift.