Field Technology Lead
Who You’ll Work For
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The Field Technology Lead is an engineer, results capable of delivering up to Level 3 technical support. You must have the ability to manage multiple third-party resources at any given time within your respective region. You will additionally possess intermediate management skills, including planning, setting priorities, providing root cause analysis, and problem resolution and resource coordination. You will also maintain a -oriented focus and actively seek responsibility and accountability for results. You will meet regularly with the Director of Field Technology Services & Operations (frequency to be determined based on need). If you thrive in a faced paced environment and have flexibility with hours, travel and ability to work weekends as needed, we have a Field Technology Lead position for you!
Troubleshoot or support the following
- Implement documentation of infrastructure and IT assets as well as documentation of user support processes and standards
- Routine and preventive maintenance of servers, workstations and user devices
- Provide levels 1, 2 and 3 end user support (delivered remotely and after-hours)
- HW and SW installations and upgrades
- Enforce network security including firewalls, login access, remote access and manage Firewall Equipment and accessories
- Coordination of any software installations/upgrades throughout the remote offices and provide remote access support as well as 3rd Level technical support –to all offices
- Implement procedures for Internet connectivity and Phone System administration and support
- Able to maintain internet connectivity, and terminate Ethernet cables if needed
- Manage IT tasks involving shared resources for remote users and provide daily maintenance and procedures for servers and workstations including remote location’s equipment
- Provide project and resource planning and maintain and document implementation plans
Execute Essential Functions
- Travel to multiple cities and locations within region and provide remote location integration (technical and administrative)
- Provide 3rd party resource management in multiple locations for multiple projects and initiatives including internal resource management (long-term)
- Management of outsourced technical staff and remote location integration (technical and administrative)
- Management of Incident response protocols and maintenance of document implementation plans
- Install / configure of hardware including terminals, handhelds, printers and other peripherals as well as the installation of networking devices including routers and wireless access points
- Manage accounting, billing, tracking documentation and IT asset procurement; inventory & vendor management
- Manage IT asset procurement; inventory & vendor management
- Coordination and negotiation with third party vendors
- Internet connectivity configuration/development and ordering process as well as
- Provide technical integration with remote locations and facilitate hardware/Software requirements for the network and office expansions
- Management of any additional staff requirements and resources as well as 3rd Level support escalation for all offices
- Design and Approval of requirements for new hardware and software
- Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly and repair related poles and towers to resolve cable issues. Pull, route, or label CAT5 or CAT6 cable as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the field service team to resolve complex issues
- Ability to install various support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other related structures
What We Want from You:
- 4 -Year Degree (Computer Science or similar IT degree a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or systems management; an applicable certification is important
- Ten plus years’ experience in Management of IT services and deliver
- Solid understanding of business applications and technologies used by small to mid-size companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and mediation to quickly resolve technology issues to the company’s benefit
- Experience with Virtual Technology including VMware, Host servers and SAN Technology
- Experience with logistics and inventory management
- Experience with Network Design and Architecture, VLAN structure, Sub-netting and System Integration technologies and requirements
- Background in Food & Beverage industry and strong understanding of online ordering and delivery systems
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service focus
- A disciplined approach with high attention to detail, creativity and innovation
- Ability to work under strict timelines and un-supervised
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
-Work is performed in a professional office environment.
- Hardware installation and testing as needed
- Pull, route, or label Cat6e as needed
- Travel to multiple cities and sites within region
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
- This position requires Field deployment and support, it will also require physical labor
- Extensive time in front of a computer screen, data entry and analysis
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.