VP of Engineering
Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
As the VP of Engineering, your duties and responsibilities will be to plan, implement, and oversee engineering strategies, procedures, and goals for REEF. You will be responsible for mentoring and managing Director level engineering team members to ensure smooth overall operations. You will have oversight of integrated design, engineering, product and operations teams working in an agile fashion to evolve our products and services. You will be responsible for overseeing architect level engineering team members, as well as collaborate with product managers and bring technical leadership. You will ensure that design requirements are met, and the user experience is consistent, as well as oversee quality assurance functions for those teams. If you love the challenge of a fast-paced environment and aspire to leading a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product and design teams - we’ve got a VP of Engineering role for you!
Amplify Engineering Team
- Report to CTO and lead all engineering efforts across product development including front end, mobile, backend and data engineering and data science teams.
- Inspire and lead Director level Engineering managers and oversee hiring and human resource functions for engineering teams.
- Interface with product and design teams for release planning and management.
- Interface with program management teams for resource assignment and capacity planning.
- Interface with external vendors enhancing our engineering capacity.
- Interface with Product Ops (DevOps) engineers and leadership for product infrastructure.
Establish a Favorable Regulatory Environment
- Responsibility for high level policies and procedures relating to test coverage, integration testing, load testing, and scale considerations for engineering related work.
- Responsible for oversight for technical documentation for API’s, SDK’s, and other related technical documentation.
What We Want from You
- 10+ years of management of large (50+) engineering teams
- Extensive experience with Agile methodology SDLC and SaaS product development
- Extensive experience with open technologies such as Java, Spring, micro services and scalable architecture experiences
- Experience managing native mobile application development projects
- Experience managing web user interface development projects
- Big Data related experience (Cloudera/CDP - Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Impala, Parquet, etc)
- Experience with monitoring technology (Nagios, Grafana, Elastic Search related technology)
- Experience managing QA teams including automated and manual testing using repeatable frameworks
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.