Manager of Public Affairs
Who You’ll Work For
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The Manager of Public Affairs will lead REEF’s public policy and government relations, local public relations, and civic partnership efforts across the region. Your primary objective for this role is to work with local policymakers and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for REEF. You will work in a fast-moving cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders. If you have extensive experience leading local government relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative growth companies, advocacy groups, or city government we’ve got a Manager of Public Affairs role for you!
Support Market-Specific Policy Efforts
· Work with policymakers and regulators to pass local variances/ordinances and state legislation to ensure license to operate and continued innovation
· Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and consumer campaigns locally
· Work with the Corporate Communications team to build relationships with East based national publications and reporters and manage potential press and policy issues in the region in a thoughtful and effective way.
Amplify Brand Awareness
· Deepen REEF’s brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and partnerships.
· Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government and influencer relations.
· Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events Successfully
Manage Internally & Externally
Lead strategy and oversee managers and local agencies across the region.
Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, officials and partners in the region .
What We Want From You:
· 5-10 years of public affairs (Policy/GR/Communications) experience, preferably at high-growth companies, startups, campaigns, and local government
· Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and civic leaders across the East
· Experience managing lobbyists and PR agencies
· Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
· Experience working across various regions and/or territories
· Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement
· Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions and regions
· Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once. Prioritization is key to success
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.