Who You’ll Work For
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
As the Electrical Engineer, you will create and implement system designs for the REEF Energy product lines. You will create and implement key design strategies for new and innovative technology. You’ll also perform load calculations and analysis for design improvements. If you love the challenge of a fast paced work environment, and have a knack for creating and implementing new innovative system designs, we’ve got an Electrical Engineer role for you!
Own Analysis and Calculation Process
· Develop and create electrical and energy storage or charging systems
? Perform all required calculations and extensive analysis to optimize battery storage application
? Effectively evaluate design & engineering capabilities of alternative energy storage solutions
? Influence and create design and manufacturing drawings.
? Collect, analyze and chart data to report and influence Cost of Operation and Maintenance
? Identify and evaluate solutions to design requirements
Manage Internally & Externally
? Collaborate to influence redesign based on field performance
? Collaborate with Field Support Engineers, Operations, Launch and other staff to improve system design.
Innovative Design Solutions
? Develop and create drawings, bills of material and technical instructions for in service units
? Establish acceptance criteria for designs
? Utilize data and performance reports to improve design and production
? Manage fleet technical data, drawings and establish document retention system.
Key performance objectives
? Design Cost per Project
? Cost of Production
? Project on-time completion
What We Want From You
• Bachelor degree or higher in engineering such as electrical engineering or equivalent
• Professional Engineer License preferred
• At least 4 years experience as a design engineer for in one or any combination of the following industries mobility, electric vehicle charging, energy management or storage
• Degree or Experience in multiple engineering disciplines preferred
• A strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
• Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills; experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions, and regions
• Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once while understanding prioritization is key to success
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.