SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Who You’ll Work For
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
The Supplier Development Engineer will work in a team environment as a key resource for the business. You will play a crucial role in asset design and develop new supply sources to improve cost competitiveness. You will also be the conduit between the company and the supplier.
Your key impact is to understand and enforce the product specific requirements, and offer technical support to the vendors, to ensure conformance and good expectation management.
This is a crucial Role that requires an exceptional, motivated and dedicated person. If you love the challenge of a fast-paced environment and aspire to join a team of talented engineers - we’ve got a Supplier Development Engineer role for you!
Cultivate External & Internal Partnerships
- Interface with component teams to prioritize supplier development needs by component to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introductions, and transfers
- Spearhead stakeholder management and alignment to increase profitability
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts
Act as an Industry & Market Expert
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment ensuring suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements for production quality and other applicable customer
- Drive supplier selection through robust RFP and qualification processes to ensure brand consistency
- Expertise in running sourcing initiative such as RFx
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
Manage Internally & Externally
- Based on screening, prioritize preferred suppliers
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Responsible for leading the solution for supplier component concerns, driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), customer interaction, supplier interaction, Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) support, supplier component development and approval and supplier cost improvements
- Carry out new supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
Amplify Communications Teams
- Assist with new product launch by working with suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Track the supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Communicate efficiently throughout procurement and directly with customer’s/supplier’s management
What We Want from You:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline such as civil, aeronautical, mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent,
- Master’s degree in business administration or similar field preferred
- At least 2 years of procurement experience directly managing RFP and vendor selection processes.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering experience
- Relevant experience in sourcing and supplier quality or performance accountability
- Certified Associate Program Management – PMI or equivalent supplier quality management certificate
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification preferred
- Program Management Professional- Certification PMI preferred
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.