Who You’ll Work For:
REEF is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block, with nearly 5,000 locations across North America. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that serves the needs of the on-demand economy. Each location leverages its proximity to where large concentrations of people live and work, offering a variety of services, including micro-fulfillment and distribution centers, mobility solutions, and buffer zones that reduce traffic and congestion.
REEF Kitchens is a core part of this ecosystem that allows food entrepreneurs and restaurants to open and quickly expand their businesses with minimal operational and capital costs. Our national network of delivery-only kitchens lowers the barriers and costs for business owners and helps bring fresh, healthy, high quality food to local neighborhoods.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do:
The Culinary Development Director will provide leadership, coaching and ongoing training to enhance Reef’s Kitchen culinary team. They will establish, maintain, and facilitate training on systems and procedures for ordering and receiving inventory and/or related products, as well as, storing, prepping, and serving food. This role will assist the Chief Culinary Officer (CCO) in menu planning and development of new food concepts, recipes and food programs including maintaining an ongoing systems and procedures improvement plan. This position will regularly visit the kitchens to ensure Best Practices, high-quality food and products consistency, standard equipment maintenance, profitability, health, safety and sanitation standards are met and enforced by Serv-Safe and the Health Department. The Culinary Development Director will lead employees and management in safety, proper culinary skills, guest service, and provide support in the areas of production, merchandising, quality and cost controls.
- Create new and exciting food products with the CCO and Culinary team
- Lead, coach and ongoing hands-on culinary training for Reef Kitchens teams
- Conduct regular kitchen visits to ensure Best Practices, high-quality food and products consistency, standard equipment maintenance and profitability are met as established by the company and health, safety and sanitation standards enforced as required by Serv-Safe and the Health Department
- Implement, roll out and train culinary team and Directors on new menu items
- Deliver food items from recipe, production, cost, scale and all required system inputs
- Partner with City Directors, Culinary QA and follow-up on action and critical issues
- Ensure adherence with proper recipe and cooking techniques, knife skills and food cost goals
- Collaborate in the creation and development of training tools and manuals to enhance the culinary field operation
- Assists in developing and maintaining an ongoing plan to ensure improvement in all duties and responsibilities
- Deliver and review new and existing recipes, test new restaurant products and equipment from inception to launch and participate in recipe photo and video shoots
What We Want From You:
- Bachelor's Culinary degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Chef
- Certifications in sanitation and safe food handling practices required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and consistently deliver results with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated one on one and group training and presentation skills
- Effective communication skills including interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Analytical and organization skills and strong decision-making ability
- Computer knowledge - Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, POS, Food Costing and Labor Systems
- 25% travel required - No schedule restrictions
What We’ll Provide:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, calculator, and copier/printer
- Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time, including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.