ASSISTANT KITCHEN SUPERVISOR
WHO WE ARE:
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
With REEF KITCHENS, we enable restaurants to reach more people in the most attractive neighborhoods in hundreds of new cities – without additional capital – by providing turnkey solutions for food preparation and delivery staging and fulfillment.
More consumers are utilizing food delivery services every day, and while this means more opportunities for restaurants, it also means more challenges and complexity to be managed. Our REEF KITCHENS allow for on-site food preparation and our centralized locations serve as an optimal base for food delivery services, so your customers get their meals exactly as you intend them to-fast and fresh.
WHO ARE YOU?
· Assistant Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for providing technical support to the Kitchen Manager, while
· exhibiting leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The Assistant Kitchen Manager manages operations
· and personnel in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. They are responsible for the quality of the food, while
· ensuring seamless operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· · Sets up stations with all necessary supplies
· · Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
· · Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
· · Cover Kitchen Manager duties as needed
· · Always follows supervisors’ direction
· · Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes
· · Ensures food quality and timeliness
· · Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations
· · Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations and standards
· · Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and equipment or aspects of the kitchen in
· need of repair to management
· · Assist in managing workforce hours
· · Assist with cost of goods sold
· · Train new hires & coach employees as needed
· · Assist with inventory management
· · Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· · Leadership skills
· · Restaurant Experience, preferable
· · Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventory
· · Previous cooking and supervision experience
· · Open availability
· · Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
· · Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· · Ability to perform under pressure
· · Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· · Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedure.
OH, AND THE OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Walk and stand for extended periods of time, sometimes for entire duration of shift
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time