WHO WE ARE:
VESSEL is a leading venture-backed food-tech startup aimed at revolutionizing the way restaurants operate and the way customers experience dining. We enable food and beverage brands to launch and expand their reach through delivery-only and tech-enabled kitchens, with no investment in infrastructure or operations. We are headquartered in Miami, FL and rapidly expanding across North America.
If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to be part of a fun team and a values-driven culture driving the digital disruption of the restaurant industry, then read on!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Launch Director, you’ll be responsible for overseeing a team of up to 10 Launchers across a region.
· Hustle, execute, problem-solve and lead. You’ll be involved in all set up activities for our new markets and will play a direct role in overseeing the Vessel launch success for your markets
· Build a launch plan and strategy for your markets, and create and optimize processes to ensure we are learning and pivoting our approach as required
· Manage and oversee up to 40 new Vessel deployment teams in each city in your region, in coordination with Launchers and City Director, while ensuring a fun and inclusive work culture
· Coordinate with all internal and external stakeholders including Live Ops, Real Estate, Finance, HR, Legal, IT and Supply Chain, to ensure each new Vessel launches according to its planned date and set standards, meeting all expected key metrics
· Balance attention to detail with swift execution to ensure we do things quickly and well
· Report on launch status and relay in-market insight to senior leadership daily
· Be willing to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to get the vessel set up
· Maintain relationship with City teams, collaborating on execution, anticipating needs and working through issues self-sufficiently
· Help secure licenses and permits by working with city officials
· Identify and present new locations for expansion; coordinating with landlords and property managers to acquire new sites.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
· BA/BS degree in Business, Operations Management, Project Management, or a related field; Graduate Degree preferred
· 5-7 years’ experience at the Manager or Director level developing and applying strategy and processes, as well as managing staff, resources, projects, and change management
· Team/People Management experience
· Early and growth stage food and/or food-tech startup launch experience preferred
· Problem-solving and hustling mindset, ready to crack any challenge that comes your way
· Flexibility – launching new markets means you will spend a lot of time on the road, traveling to wherever business needs you on short notice
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Ability to control scope and apply change/incident management processes as needed
· Unique opportunity to be part an early stage and fast-growing startup driving disruption in the food-tech space
· Work with a smart, dedicated and passionate team in vibrant culture
· Competitive compensation and benefits