Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today.
What You’ll Do
You'll act as a right-hand arm to our benefits manager and benefits director by orchestrating and executing day-to-day benefits processes, claims, and plans. You'll interface with REEF Technology employees across its enterprise to address, deduce, resolve, and communicate benefits challenges and inquiries. As a subject matter expert, you'll channel your attention to detail, sense of urgency, and knack for interpersonal communication to foster best-in-class benefits administration, for open enrollment and ongoing benefits cases. If you've mastered the art of benefits administration and thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving environments, we've got a Benefits Administrator role just for you!
Foster Benefits Knowledge, Understanding, and Resolution
· Flex HR and benefits knowledge to address complex benefits plan, enrollment, and policy inquiries and challenges, while partnering across various functions (i.e. HR, accounting, payroll) and maintaining confidentiality
· Monitor benefits shared mailbox and online benefits system to provide rapid counsel and advice to employees for a wide range of benefits issues within a shared service environment with multiple units and functional groups
· Drive decision making for the executive leadership team by partnering with benefits leaders to develop reports and audits, generate annual data, and execute annual valuation process
Mobilize Benefits Procedures & Regulations
· Leverage decision making and company governance guidelines to ascertain benefits eligibility, make plan adjustments and exceptions, and solve technical challenges
· Interpret benefits procedures and regulations to ascertain eligibility laws for various services, including retirement 401K, pension benefits, life insurance, and more
· Leverage financial acumen of benefits procedures to execute billing process for vendors and orchestrate claims funding and billing
Provide Best-in-Class Benefits Services
· Ensure cohesiveness, accuracy, and communication by partnering with the benefits manager and director of benefits to address issues; ensure underlying coding aligns with carrier coding
· Establish credibility while providing exceptional employee service, demonstrating strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and presenting benefits information
What We Want From You
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, accounting, or finance or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in employee benefits with an emphasis on health and welfare administration finance processes (i.e. monthly billing & reconciliation)
- A strong command of the terms, terminology, and information for benefits, including high deductible health plans, 401K benefits, and health savings accounts
- A deep understanding of payroll processes, benefits program systems and processes, and various benefits laws and regulations
- Ability to thrive in a multi-plan benefit environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word mail merge functions, Microsoft Excel VLOOKUP and workbook functions, and Microsoft PowerPoint
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ø Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
Ø Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.