The Parking Enforcement Attendant performs a variety of tasks to ensure a smooth operation of the parking facility. The Parking Enforcement Attendant is responsible for monitoring the parking facility, issuing warning tickets/citations, and responding to customer inquiries. The Parking Enforcement Attendant works closely with fellow team members, Operations Manager, and/or Shift Supervisor to ensure that quality and safety standards are met at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to verbally communicate with guests
- Previous customer service experience, preferred
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
§ Constantly move around the property by walking for extended periods of time, sometimes for entire duration of shift
§ Stand for extended periods of time, sometimes for entire duration of shift
Work is performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Patrol assigned area by foot, golf cart, or car to observe automobiles, motorcycles, commercial vehicles etc. parking violations.
2. Enforce location rules by placement of warning tickets or citations on vehicles who are subject to towing; arrange for towing of abandoned vehicles, vehicles with expired licenses, or illegally parked vehicles
3. Issues tickets or citations for expired meters, improper use of specially designated or timed zones or lots, improper parking such as parking in crosswalks or other sidewalks, improperly parked motorcycles, parking in preferential areas, and related violations.
4. Record and enter data collected for required citations/ violations including: time, date and location of infraction, vehicle information (license plate number, make, model & color).
5. Inform management of malfunctioning parking meters, faded paint on curbs, vandalized signs, and other damage.
6. Monitor equipment condition of meters, parking gates, elevators, and stairwells.
7. Provide traffic control, when necessary.
8. Use respectful communication to assist guests with their questions, problems, and concerns; relay information to Operations Manager or Shift Lead as necessary.
9. Immediately report any accidents, incidents or safety concerns to Operations Manager or Shift Lead.
10. Communicate professionally at all times with guests, client, and teammates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reef Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.